How to Apply for a Transcript

Important Note:

Transcripts will continue to be issued by the WTU Registrar until further notice.  Information regarding the issue of transcripts once the Registrar’s Office is closed will be published as soon as the decision is made with proper authorities, no later than June 2015. 

* * *

In compliance with the U.S. FERPA law on educational privacy rights, a transcript can be released only by a signed request or release authorization from the student to the registrar. Transcripts of courses taken at the Union are available for all graduates and any former student who has completed courses for credit. Transcripts do not include any courses that were taken as an audit by any enrolled student or other person or for any person who was enrolled only to take courses for audit.

Transcripts will not be issued if there is an outstanding balance on the account.

No form is involved; the letter or e-mail request to must include the following information:

    • Student’s full name during attendance, current street address, phone number or email address, date of birth and the approximate period of enrollment.
    • The complete name and address of each intended recipient, such as a school, commercial firm, organization, institution or other individual.
    • The number of copies and the type of copy (unofficial or official) for each recipient.
    • Many institutions will now accept electronic transmission of a transcript. If so, obtain e-mail address(es) for the recipients(s)/office(s) and provide them.

The fee for the transcript is $10 for each copy and shall be paid by either (1) check or money order (no cash), made payable to the Washington Theological Union and mailed to:
Registrar’s Office
Washington Theological Union
1600 Webster Street, NE
Washington, DC 20017
or (2) by credit card, noting the card type (e.g. Visa, Mastercard), card number, the name on the card, and expiration date.

2-3 working days advance notice is required.

If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at or call 202-526-1221 Ext. 117.